Saturday, November 10, 2012

New Glass Chains

I've been working on something new: Glass Chains! I've been trying to make them in soft glass but have not been able to get beyond 3 chains. A secret Santa gifted me a tutorial written by Pipyr Here's the link http://pipyr.com/tutorials.html just in case you would like to try too! Her tutorial is SO well written, lots of pictures and includes an off mandrel button tutorial. Now, if you know me you know I LOVE making buttons! My etsy shop has lots of them. I have them on my desk waiting to be listed, on my work bench waiting to be photographed, they are everywhere! The off mandrel button tutorial was very easy to follow with great results too! Now mind you I've only played with boro twice so I was a little worried but figured since her tutorial was written using boro (she says soft glass can be used too :) I decided that I would work with the boro first! Here are my results! I just LOVE this chain, so much so that I made a second one in clear!! Here is the end of the first day, 2 1/2 hours on it.
and the button
Last night I was able to get another 2 1/2 hours on the torch and made the rest of the links and a few toggles. I'm not sure if I'm going to use a toggle clasp or the button with the leather the way Pipyr does it in the tutorial so I made both.
So, what do you think? Any thoughts on the clasp? Have you gone to check out the tutorial yet? You will be very pleased if you do decide to purchase it!! Well, till next time, Have a good one, Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment