Saturday, August 1, 2009

August Already?

Wow, did July fly by or what?! I can't believe today is August 1st. Soon the kids will be going back to school. I have been so busy that I hadn't even noticed how quick the month was going by. We have Busch Gardens passes so we go almost each week. We have also been doing a bit of work around our house, and in between I have been working on the torch and also playing with copper. Trying new things is fun. I've been drawing on copper to be etched. I had lots of little copper drawings just sitting on my desk waiting to be etched. Last night was the night. A few came out great, one definetly not so great. Either way it was fun! Now over the next few weeks I will turn them into jewelry. I've also tried fusing copper. I like it! I soldered a piece for a pendant I made, YUCK! SO I started wondering what to do to cover that icky silver look and came up on a thread on Lampworketc.com about fusing copper. COOL. No icky lines, easy to do and came out great.......want to see? Ok! So what do you think?
Pretty cool, can't even tell can ya? Its down there at the pointed end. Hanging on there is a shell with little barnicles, a beach glass bead and a swarovski crystal. It all hangs by the copper ring.
Its not listed anywhere, I haven't finished enjoying it yet. LOL
So, this is what I've done with most of my summer, how about you? Are you ready for back to school? Did your summer just fly by? Did you get everything you wanted done? We still have a bit of time left and I think I have a few more things I want to try, we'll see. Right now I think I'm just going to go sit outside and enjoy all the flowers blooming in my yard and watch the squirels pick the heads off whats left of my sunflowers! LOL
Till later,
Sue aka glassymom

No comments:

Post a Comment