Sunday, May 3, 2009

New Beads, what do you think?



Ok, so I'm really liking this style of bead. So much so that this is what I wear. I have a 7 month old and she loves it too. I even made a few black and white ones for mine and she grabs them when ever I have it on. I am nursing so she can reach up and grab it and since it is on such a bulky ball chain she can yank as hard as she wants. The ball chain is actually recycled. When my daughter bought her house it had lots of vertical blinds. As I was helping her take down the living room blinds to replace with curtains I noticed the way you open was with this huge ball chain.....SO, I grabbed those and each time I help her put up curtains in replacement fo the blinds I scoff up the ball chains! Awesome! Just wish I could find more, they are so cool.


SO any hoo, these new beads........a customer convo'd me to ask if I'd make them with big holes for her hair, gladly since I am always up to something new. I sent her hers and since then I've been making them with the large holes too! SO, what do you think? Mine are small, only about 10mm-11mm wide. The new ones I have now on etsy (with brass ball chain) are about 17mm in length give or take a mm or two.


and this one. I still have a cobalt one to list but after a couple hours at the torch tonight working on orders I'm not quite up to listing! sorry, you'll have to wait and see.

So, do you love them? Hate them?? I do have a small set in my Etsy shop if you feel you can't live without them right at this moment. LOL They are a pea green I think.......and like the size I have. Oh, did I tell you that I make the murrini for these? I learned how to make them on Corrinas site. They are WAY cool to make.
Till later,
Sue aka glassymom

4 comments:

  1. I love the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I have your beads but haven't done anything with them. I'm still admiring the fantastic colors. They're super awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiara you have beautiful work on your site, I can't wait to see what you do with beads I've made.

    ReplyDelete