Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hello there

Ok, bear with me.....this is my first time blogging!! I thought it might be nice to give it a try and maybe I might like it. Never know right?! Any hoo, I figure its a good place to get ideas of what others might like with colors I'm working on, bead designs I might have, things like that. Dh usually just nods his head with not a whole lot of input and the 6yo and 5 month old aren't too much help either!
So, I'm a stay at home mom of 5 kids ages 25, 21, 16, 6 and 5 months. I'm going to be a grandma for the first time this june!! I'm also a chihuahua mom of 2, Mr brutus and Mrs Prissy!
I've been lampworking for just over 3 years now and still get so excited like Christmas morning when I head out to the studio to see the goodies in my kiln!! I just LOVE being able to do glass work! Being creative is a nessary for me, absolutly have to do it! When I'm not on the torch I paint, sew, scrapbook, make soap and have been known to struggle with jewelry making!

I like to watch Joe from Avenuebeads.com over at justintv. He works live on a cam torching. Two nights ago I learned his way of off mandrel and I am just totally thankful to him!! His was is SO easy and I made 3 beautiful hearts right away. Thanks Joe!!
Ok, I thought it would be tough to find something to talk about the first time but I guess its not. LOL hopefully I can get some pics posted of my new stuff.......fresh out of the oven!!! YUM
Sue aka glassymom

No comments:

Post a Comment